Airbnb photos display your property and all that it offers. And it is the first thing that attracts potential guests to your property. When done correctly, each image can become a powerful tool that can help you boost your property and attract guests.
But what do you need to consider, and how do you create top-quality images that will drive enquiries and boost your occupancy rate?
HOW MANY PHOTOS CAN YOU PUT ON EACH AIRBNB LISTING?
Although you can load up to 100 photos for a listing, it doesn’t necessarily mean that you should.
Having more photos won’t improve the listing and might have the opposite effect. At CTHA, we would rather have ten high quality, bright pictures than 50 grainy and blurred images.
While on the other hand, too few photos will not give your guests a good idea of your rental offers. And some guests could become suspicious if there are only a handful of photos. Ideally, you have between 20 to 30 photographs in total for your listing.
WHAT ARE AIRBNB’S REQUIREMENTS FOR PHOTOS?
Although Airbnb does not have strict regulations for photos, they do offer style guides and recommend that your pictures are;
- width to a length aspect ratio of 3:2
- Minimum resolution of 480 x 720 at 72dpi
TIPS FOR YOUR PHOTOGRAPHS
- Show a wide variety of details and angles
- Make sure your photos don’t look too similar
- Include images of your location and close-up details
- Make sure your pictures are vertically orientated
- They must be in natural colour, with no black & white photos or heavy filters
- Your photos must not have text or image (like logos) overlaid on the image
- Make sure the images are individual images
- They must not be blurry, stretched or distorted
- Photos must be well-lit and not too dark
- Include exciting elements of your property, like great outdoor spaces or unique nooks
HOW ARE THE PHOTOGRAPHS DISPLAYED?
The Experience page will display a grid of 5 images that tell a visual story of your place. The first photo is called a cover photo – this is the image that appears in Airbnb search results. And can either be a photo or a video.
The rest of the images are gallery photos.
HOW TO PREPARE YOUR PROPERTY BEFORE YOU TAKE THE PICTURES
Before you start shooting your photographs, here are our top tips to ensure that you put your best foot forward
- arrange your furniture and make sure you plump cushions and your paintings and pictures are straight
- wash and pack away any dirty dishes
- mop and vacuum your floors
- pack away the clutter that makes your apartment smaller
- pack away your ornaments and books if you have too many of them. While it is nice to have decorations, too much can make your home look untidy.